Mars Veterinary Health recognizes that prevention of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is of the utmost importance for the protection of human and animal health. As such, measures to reduce the incidence of AMR are a priority for our veterinary leaders.
In this regard, we are committed to:
- Working together to support the leadership of AMR-related programs with the aim of reducing unnecessary antibiotic usage in patients under our care
- Providing educational resources on AMR for all Associates and supporting the production of evidence-based prescribing guidelines for optimal antibiotic use
- Continuous improvement through assessment and analysis of antibiotic prescribing within our clinics
- Supporting infection prevention and control as a focus of medical leadership within our teams
- Developing educational resources for pet owners on the importance of preventive medicine and judicious antimicrobial use
- Supporting clinical studies that advance our knowledge of antibiotic prescribing in veterinary medicine